Department Seminars and News
- Fall’21 Sustainability Seminar With Dr. Murat Kaya Yapıcı
- Spring’22 Department Seminar Series Continue with Asst. Prof. Tolga Karsili
- Baytekin Research Group’s Work Appears on the Cover of ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces
- Ferdi Karadaş Receives Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Georg Forster Research Award
- Ozensoy Research Group’s Work Appears on the Cover of Journal of the American Chemical Society
Chemistry deals with matter and the laws that govern its changes.
Chemical research leads to new products ranging from drugs to multicolor displays. Chemistry contributes to biotechnology, molecular biology, pharmacy, environmental and material sciences, electronic devices, energy storage and energy conversion processes and therefore has a central place in modern science.
In contemporary society, with its ever-increasing demands for creative applications towards all branches of science and technology, chemistry responds to these challenges by offering fascinating ideas generating and developing new areas, such as molecular electronics, self-arranging molecules, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) methods, superconductors, exotic molecular structures, chaotic systems, lasers, photosynthesis, and new spectroscopic methods.